Simple Summer Coleslaw
So simple and so good! Easy to double or triple this recipe for summer potlucks.
1 c. mayonnaise
1. Place all ingredients except coleslaw mix in a blender and pulse until well combined.
2. Pour over coleslaw and toss until coated. Refrigerate overnight.
Fudge-Striped Cookie Salad
This is too unreal to be considered a side salad but it’s my go-to, no-fail dish for potlucks. I rarely bring leftovers home!
2 pkgs. (3.4 oz. each) instant coconut cream pudding
1. Beat the pudding with the half and half for 2 minutes.
2. Fold whipped topping into the pudding mixture.
3. Gently stir in fruit.
4. Break cookies into small pieces and gently stir into mixture, reserving five whole cookies. Dump into a serving bowl.
5. Break the remaining five cookies into larger pieces and arrange on top as a garnish. Chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
1 10-oz. pkg. vermicelli pasta
1. Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain.
2. Add all remaining ingredients and toss to combine. Refrigerate overnight.
Mediterranean Orzo Salad
This summer side will garner compliments at your next picnic. Not only pretty to look at, but tasty!
1/4 c. olive oil
1. Cook the orzo according to package directions, drain and cool.
2. In a bowl, mix together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper until well combined.
3. Place the orzo and all remaining ingredients in a large bowl and pour the dressing over the top. Stir to combine. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or more. Garnish with feta and parsley.