By Angie Sutton
Instant Pot: Apple Crisp
Tastes great as an after-dinner dessert with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or as a breakfast treat! I like Granny Smith or Braeburn apples for this recipe. If you like the crisp part, you may want to double the topping.
5 medium-sized apples, peeled cut into bite-sized pieces
1. In a resealable plastic bag, toss apples with cinnamon and nutmeg until evenly coated. Dump into bottom of Instant Pot. Pour water and maple syrup over the top of the apples.
2. Melt the butter and in a small bowl, mix together the butter, oats, flour, brown sugar and salt. Sprinkle topping over the top of the apples.
3. Cover and set to Manual setting and cook on high pressure for 8 minutes. Once cooked, use natural release. Cool slightly before serving.
Instant Pot: Chicken Fajita Pasta
2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
1. Select saute and adjust to more for high heat, allowing it to heat until it reads Hot. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil. While oil is heating, toss chicken pieces and half the seasoning in a resealable plastic bag and shake until evenly coated. Toss chicken into pot and saute until pieces are slightly seared and appear white.
2.Add onions, bell peppers, garlic and remaining seasoning. Stir well to coat and continue to stir until vegetables are crisp tender, about 3 minutes.
3. Pour in broth and tomatoes with juice. Give it a stir and then add the dry pasta, stirring to combine all ingredients.
4. Cover and select Manual for 5 minutes. Once done, quick release pressure.
Instant Pot: Chicken with Wild Rice
2 c. boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
1. Heat Instant Pot to saute and pour in broth. Let it heat while preparing other ingredients.
2. Add all other ingredients and stir to combine. Cover and set to Multi-grain setting. Once correct pressure is reached, the timer will set to 35 minutes.
3. Once cooked, do a quick release.
Instant Pot: Salisbury Steak Meatballs
2 tsp. olive oil
1. Heat the Instant Pot on saute and add 1 tsp. oil. Once heated, toss in onions and saute until golden, about 5 minutes. Divide onions in half.
2. In a large bowl, combine half the onions with ground beef, ground turkey, bread crumbs, egg, 1 tablespoon tomato paste, 1/4 c. beef broth and a bit of salt and pepper.
3. In a small bowl, blend flour with 1 c. broth until smooth. Stir in remaining onions, 1 Tbsp. tomato paste, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and mustard powder.
4. Shape meat mixture into 20 small meatballs.
5. Heat the Instant Pot to saute, add remaining oil and once hot, brown the meatballs 4 to 5 minutes, turning them halfway through. Toss in the mushrooms, remaining salt and pepper and cover with the sauce from step 3. Cover and cook on high pressure for 10 minutes. Let the pressure release on its own.